Insurance fraud in local authorities
- Zurich Municipal and the CIPFA Counter Fraud Centre hosted a roundtable on the topic of insurance fraud
- We discussed the current fraud risks facing local authorities, and ways to detect and combat these threats
- We have produced a summary of the key messages that came from the discussion
We recently hosted a roundtable discussion in conjunction with the CIPFA Counter Fraud Centre on insurance fraud in local authorities.
Delegates included counter fraud, risk and insurance practitioners from local authorities across the country. The roundtable discussed a range of topics including:
- The types of insurance fraud risks currently impacting local authorities
- The current arrangements within local authorities for investigating, detecting and mitigating them
- The results of the Insurance Fraud Taskforce and industry developments
We have produced a paper documenting the key high level messages stemming from the discussion and also included some additional commentary on the current fraud risk.