How Zurich Community Trust supports communities
- Zurich Community Trust (ZCT) supports over 500 charities each year
- This is achieved through a combination of funds, time and talents donated by Zurich Insurance UK and its employees.
- Through the Trust a number of social issues are addressed with the aim of supporting a more resilient and inclusive society
ZCT is one of the longest-established corporate trusts in the UK. Since it was established in 1973, the Trust has awarded grants valued at over £90m to deserving causes. Each year around £1.75 million is awarded in grants, helping to improve the lives of more than 100,000 people.
ZCT has two key programme strands; building longer-term partnerships through the Strategic Funding Programmes and its employee-led Zurich Cares programme which supports local, regional, national and overseas charities.
Through these programme strands ZCT address a raft of social issues to bring positive change to those facing tough times including for example
- Reducing isolation and loneliness amongst older people and at the same time improving the employability chances of young people not in education, employment or training through its ‘Generation Gains’ programme
- Helping children and young people gain better access to mental health services through its support of the Children and Young People’s Mental Health Coalition
- Supporting the invaluable work of the Admiral Nurses as part of its partnership with Dementia UK
To find out more about how ZCT helps our communities through fundraising, grant making and volunteering please watch this video